Housing associations face many challenges including regulatory frameworks, the need for more housing stock, faster construction and maintenance, tight budgets as well as a duty to accommodate those requiring increased accessibility. Multipanel wall panels, flooring and ceilings improve speed of build and help reduce maintenance and vacancy downtime, whilst saving costs in time and materials.
Benefits of Multipanel for housing managers
- Wall panels are up to three times quicker to install than traditional tiles
- Reduced costs both in materials and installation times
- Multipanel walls, floors and ceilings fitted in 24 hours, rather than 3-5 days when using tiles
- Multipanel panels can be fitted straight onto timber framework or over existing tiles and no need to wait for specialist trades on-site
- Perfect for refurbishment of voids
- No need for grout and simple to clean
- Are supplied on a just-in-time basis to suit refurbishment programmes
- FSC accredited and Made in Britain.
Like the majority new build projects within Bolsover Council properties, Multipanel waterproof wall panels have been specified for the bathroom fit-outs. “This is because the panels are very easy to install” says site manager, Paul Pygall, “Housing Managers like them because they are easy to clean and virtually maintenance free. Specifiers love them because they can choose from a wide range of colours and textures to suit different types of project.”
According to the Centre for Better Ageing1, 96% of us will continue to live in mainstream housing in later life. We therefore need to be thinking of the ways in which we maintain, adapt and create homes to make them suitable for inclusive living – homes that are just as appealing to say, an able-bodied person and his family, as they would be to an older person with declining mobility. With no grout and minimal joints, Multipanel is more hygienic and easier to clear for less mobile tenants.
To book an appointment with the Multipanel social housing specialists either at Housing 2019 in Manchester on 25th – 27th June (stand C27), or separately, please email email@example.com
- Centre for Better Ageing https://www.ageing-better.org.uk/news/100-year-life-importance-housing
About Grant Westfield
With a history of innovation spanning 135 years, Grant Westfield is at the forefront in manufacturing Multipanel waterproof wall panels, ceilings and flooring that enable housing professionals to create great looking, practical, waterproof interiors — ones that tenants will enjoy and appreciate. Easy installation & maintenance make our products a clear choice in the social housing sector.