EEM has been shortlisted for TWO categories at the Derbyshire Business Awards 2018.
The annual Chamber Business Awards were created purely by business, for business to celebrate and showcase the successes that have taken place in the East Midlands business community over the past year.
We entered these awards to celebrate our achievements in supporting our members’ communities:
- Over the last 4 years we have distributed almost £460,000 to our membership via our Community Donation scheme.
- Over the last 4 years we have raised £91,500 for various charities
- We are a small team of 11 people yet we have employed 3 apprentices.
- We encourage small businesses to apply for works by simplifying our tender process and establishing geographical lots.
- We offer the same rates for materials and services to all of our members, which is fantastic for our smaller members, including charitable housing providers.
Apprentice of the Year: Brogan Bullimore
We nominated Brogan for the Apprentice of the Year category because she’s exceeded the supportive role expected of her during her apprenticeship and has shown incredible enthusiasm and talent enabling her to lead several successful projects.
Brogan has become a valuable asset who has enabled us to move forward to more modern procurement methods to support our membership without affecting the current level of service.
The impressive thing about Brogan’s development is that it’s self-driven due to her outstanding initiative and positive attitude and her dedication to the development of herself and the business. It’s been wonderful to see her become confident in her own capabilities.
With her only experience in retail, we were all impressed with how quickly she understood the entire business within a very short time of joining the company. It didn’t take long for Brogan to be able to clearly explain complex procurement methods to others with great accuracy.
Her presence has enhanced the already positive morale in the office as everybody enjoys working with such a fun, friendly, professional and enthusiastic member of the team.
Brogan is a shining example to all our apprentices of what they can achieve if they are willing to work as hard as she has.
We are very proud of Brogan and wish her luck in the finals.
We would also like to congratulate all the other companies who have also been shortlisted.
The winners of the awards will be announced at an awards ceremony on 7 September at Pride Park Stadium in Derby.